Sunday, September 10, 2017

Nobody At All



I'm nobody at all
I've lately figured that out.
A once great frog on the wall.
Now I'm nothing about which to shout
.
Thanks to the rough education
God's lately delivered to me,
I've experienced an edification
Uncomfortable as a lesson could be.

The loss of my fine reputation
Though is not too heavy to bear.
And I've shortened my day's preparation
Now that I'm losing my hair.

I'm tossing the hair gel and mousse,
The red power tie, three-piece suit.
All trappings of being somebody with juice.
The question of costume's now moot.

If you're nobody, then nobody's looking
To find you and put you to charity work.
You're not part of the plans they are cooking
You've no noblesse oblige' left to shirk.

I find it all quite liberating,
Being no one makes you strong and not weak.
To not care about the critics' berating.
Sets you free of the "somebody" clique.

I don't care who thinks my way is silly.
I'm a big frog in my own little pond.
And I'll decorate my pad on a lily
With some moss, a flower and a frond.

Just what I have, not what they say are
The things I need to be one of the favored.
For life is a banquet set just where you are,
It only takes time to be savored.

© 2017 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment