Friday, August 23, 2019

Corin the Piper

 

CORIN THE PIPER
           by Sheila King



CHORUS:

C    Em7  Am   Dm  Dmaj7    G
Corin the Piper lives here no more
Em            Am      D                       G
He and his mother left when he was four
C       Em7               Am       Dm         G
Some day there'll be music, same as before
        Em                      Am
But it won't be easy for Corin
C     G7          C
Lives here no more

    C     Em7           Am       D                           C
1. I sit here at the window, watchin' the children play
En                          Am             D                               G
They don't know I'm even here, but they come here every day.
C                      Em7         Am           Dm                       G
Sometimes the tears start fallin', and I wonder what they're for
Em          Am               C     G7        C
Until I remember, Corin lives here no more

CHORUS:


2. He filled my days with laughter, sunshine and song,
And Corin, the drummer, was seldom ever wrong.
Sometimes I hear him singing, and my heart starts to soar.
And then I remember, Corin lives here no more.

CHORUS:

© 1980 by Sheila King,
@ Alexandria, LA

* For the story behind this song/prophecy click on this link: Signs from God



No comments:

Post a Comment