Thursday, September 5, 2024

April 9: A While With You

A While With You

It seems like only yesterday
   That I was just a boy.
I was chasing after what, I did not know.
   Maybe it was comfort
Or an easing of the pain,
   Or just anything to fill the empty place,
                                     ...inside my soul.

 And it seems like just this morning
   I was stumbling blind and lost,
Not knowing where to go or what to do
   But I guess God was watching me;
Heard me down upon my knees,
   For when my head was lifted up again the one
                                    .... standing there was you.

At long last you had found me lonely, lost.
   You picked me up and brushed me off,
And then you took me by the hand and whispered
   I am going, I am going, I am going this way too.
So, w
hatever dusty road or winding path that lies ahead,
  
Would you mind if just take your hand and tag along
                                            .... a while with you?
  
It seems like just an hour or so ago, we started out
   First hand in hand, then arm in arm up the long road
Toward unexpected tomorrows, not knowing when or where
    Or even how we'd go, but there's been an angel at our shoulders.
 And a light just down the road, and I know we'll be arm in arm,
                                                  .... in a million years or so!

© 3/30/2002 & revised 4/9/2024
         by Tom King
(It's more than 50 years & counting)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment