Friday, April 27, 2018

In a Moment


 

In A Moment

In a moment, I knew God had breathed in me.
I knew it the way my body knows
Oxygen when I draw breath
In great gasping lungfuls.
After diving deep beneath the water
Far from the good cool air.

In the twinkling of an eye, I saw light
Pouring through a crack He opened
In heaven’s door for me so I could see
My way in the world by its gleaming;
A light that follows me down the years
Till even now it shows the way.

At the last trumpet, I will know Him
Hear the hoofbeats of his coming in the distance,
And feel the thunder of his approach.
As the clouds roll in and the sky breaks open.
I see the signs, smell the season’s changing,
And hear the wind among the ripening harvest.

We shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed.
 Feel the stirrings of endless ages yet to come
Within our hearts. and in the stillness of the morning,
Rumblings in the Earth and lightnings upon the mountains,
Announcing the moment, the twinkling of the eye,
In which eternity begins, and tomorrow sings of endless joy.

I Corinthians: 15:52

© 2018 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment