Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 23 – Pastoral Hymn


Prints of this picture are available at http://glennsackett.com/

April 23 –  Pastoral Hymn

O’ Father I have heard Your voice
In the stillness of the night.
And at Your feet I’ve learned to love,
To ever do what’s right.

Father I will lift to You
Each wounded soul you send
That I should be Your loving hands
Your goodness thus to spend.

O’ Father I have seen Your face
In wind and waves and sun,
And on the wide and rolling plain
And mountains where the rivers run.

Father I will bring to you
Each lost and weary heart
That I should find along my way
Your love to each impart.

O’ Father I have touched the streams
Of mercy from Your hand
And caught a glimpse of majesty
I cannot understand.

Father I receive from You
All that my heart can hide
And in the shelter of Your love
Forever I’ll abide.

© 2017 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment