Monday, April 29, 2019

April 28 - One Single Moment



One Single Moment

Once in a lifetime, comes a moment,
   You weren't even looking for,
When you stumble on a kindred soul,
    And walk together for a time along the shore.

One single moment makes the difference,
    One small voice will have its say.
One certainty in all the world you've found,
    One love that will not ever fade away.

To think I might have missed you,
     It's a thought to terrify.
The empty places I'd still carry,
     If you had only passed me by.

One single moment makes the difference,
    One small voice will have its say.
One certainty in all the world I've found,
    One love that will not ever fade away. 

Before I knew you I had loved you,
     I'd lain awake and wondered who.
Who you were; who I was missing. 
     And how I'd ever know when I found you.

But that moment made the difference,
    That small voice that had its say.
That certainty that in all the world I'd found,
    One love I knew will never fade away.


© 2019 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment