Wednesday, April 10, 2019

April 6 - Ya'll Lookie Here!



Ya'll Lookie Here!

I'm a Texan and I always will be
I thought my state was ground twice blessed
Grew up between the piney woods in the East
And the wild grasslands in the West

I got some redneck goin' from somewhere,
I got some interestin' genes from pop and mother
Teachers and preachers up one branch
Rednecks, and union men up another.

I once taught school and another time rode
And wrangled 20 horses, 7 hours a day.
I never broke a bone, just sprains and bruises
That was something of a miracle I would say.

Now I'm sittin' in a padded chair my feet
Propped up, my knees iced down and medicated.
Rethinking stuff I jumped off, climbed up and fell from.
Almost regretting some of the joints that I rotated.

Notice I said "almost", 'cause I'm not so sure I would
Take back, the fun and make the joint pain disappear,
Those times I got to thinkin', "Hey what if I climbed up on..."
Threw up my arms and shouted, "Hey, y'all lookie here!"

© 2019 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment