Tuesday, April 16, 2019

April 15 - Not Quite Just Like Me


Not Quite Just Like Me\
 
My brother's the guy in the middle.
With the Green Deal hat....

We're brothers. We're built much alike
Long torso, short legs; the scions of Weebles
We walk alike. Our voices are like Dad's.
But Mikey's a man of the peoples.

Outside one can tell we both share a name.
But we're both kind of different within.
My brother's a lefty; a leader in fact,
An Occupy guy to the skin.

He marches where I wouldn't ever
With peace flags and a fuzzy pink hat.
I'm a blogger and conservative pundit.
Politically we're different like that.

I'm not quite sure how that happened.
As siblings we're an interesting mix.
I lean right. I've got conservative values.
I think he leans left for the chicks.

We hooked up a while there on Facebook,
But my comments he never quite grokked.
So brother of mine, it was great while it lasted,
But for now, I'm apparently blocked.


© 2019 by Tom King


No comments:

Post a Comment