Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 18 - I Want to Build a Boat



I Want To Build a Boat

In the Earth made new, I want to build a boat,
With simple tools and my bare hands.
I want to raise sails over new waters
Under blue skies between warm sand beaches.

In eternity I want to learn to play at least,
Several dozen musical instruments.
I want to read music as well as I can read
The lyrics to a song I took a hundred years to write.

For the first million years I want to learn to dance,
It will probably take that long,
God did not grant me rhythm but He gave me other things,
And I can learn the steps if I practice.

Throughout forever, I am content
With all the gifts I'm given,
The rest I'll work for. Work is good.
I think God knows we need it.

In the Earth made new I want to build a boat,
I want to build it with my children,
My sons and my daughter; my grandkids
And sail upon the waters of the world.

© 2020 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment