Tuesday, April 28, 2020

April 21 - Chasing




Chasing

I went off to chase a dream
When I first set out on life
I was going to be a writer,
With a dog, some kids, a wife.

I chased that dream, some form or other
For forty years and more.
Diversions led me on and off the path
God throws at you all sorts of little chores.

All things work together for good
Paul warned us about all that.
What he never promised was on the trip
You'd get to grow sassy and fat.

The walk with Christ is beautiful
But it often is uncomfortable
And though it may not make you rich,
The voyage will be memorable.

When I began I had no notion,
Where I was bound or what,
Sort of journey it would be,
What doors would open which would not.

Here at the end I'm wondering,
What from here and on will be.
Just like in all my life I guess,
I'll just have to wait and see.

© 2020 by Tom King




No comments:

Post a Comment