Monday, April 18, 2016

April 15 - Ragged End






Ragged End
By Tom King

I think I’ve hit a point in life where I do not care much,
About when all of this will rattle down to its ragged end,
Or whether I’ll even finish all that stuff I wanted to get done
All those years ago when I was standing in the starting gate.

I think we sense when our work in this world is just about done
Or at least when it’s coasting down to some kind of conclusion.
There’s a kind of finality that hangs over everything we do now,
Fog-like, intrusive, nagging at you constantly every dragging day.

I’m not afraid anymore, though. God is watching us too closely for that;
Making all things work together for good and all,
If not for our comfort, then I suspect He does it for our edification.
I’ve learned to live with that after all these years and all I’ve seen.

© 2016 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment