Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 18 - Not Good Enough















Not Good Enough

Bony fingers pointing
Pointing right at me.
They’re telling me I’m not the sort
That should permitted be.

They’re saying, “You’re not good enough.”
To come to Jesus’ feet.
There’s things you must quit doing first.
We’ve got standards you must meet.

Bony fingers waggling
Do this, not that and wash your face
You’ve got to be a little better, kid
To earn your way to grace.

They’re saying, I’m not good enough.
To come to Jesus feet.
There’s things I must quit doing first
And standards I must meet.

Bony fingers parting
Like the waters of the sea
And there behind them arms outstretched
Jesus smiling down at me.

Saying, you’re not good enough
But my grace is strong and true,
And no matter what you’ve ever done.
My love’s enough for you.

© 2014 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment